Friday, March 18, 2016

Fab Friday 83

It's been quite a while for me since posting to my blog, but I thought it would be fun to participate in the Fab Friday challenges again for the first time in several years.  Here is the challenge blog:
http://fabfridaystampinchallenge.blogspot.com/

This week's Challenge:



What a fun sketch this was!  I needed some inspiration, plus I had some new goodies to play with so I needed a reason.

My Creation:


(Almost all materials used are Stampin' Up! Brand Products)
Stamps: Helping Me Grow, Timeless Textures, Hardwood
Ink: Memento Jet Black, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Paper: Farmers Market Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories: Decorative Label Punch, Washi Label Punch, Metallics Sequins, Gold Wink of Stella, Blender Pens, Dimensionals, Sponges

Started with the Floral Image in the center, stamping the flower in black, as well as the corner decoration around the three corners.  Used Blender Pens to color in the blossoms with Blackberry Bliss, and an Old Olive Marker for the stem.  Sponged with Hello Honey around the edges.

The Background is stamped with Hardwood in Crumb Cake.  I took the splatter image from Timeless Textures and colored with the Gold Wink of Stella to stamp the golden splatters.

The Strips of Paper are cut at the ends by inserting the strips of paper from the reverse direction to cut the design, using the Decorative Label Punch.

I hope you like my art work! Happy Friday, Everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love this stamp set and haven't been using it enough - your coloring is wonderful! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Amy. I also had not blogged since 2013 and have got right into it. See you around in more challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - This is such a beautiful use of this stamp! I love the yellow sponging along the edges. Thank you so much for playing along with this FabFriday sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely coloring! The shading around the flower is perfect and I like the mix of patterns. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete