Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hillside Golfing Retirement

Hi all!  This card is for a co-worker who is retiring 10 days from now!


Stamps: Wild About Flowers, Lovely As a Tree, In The Meadow
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, Markers: Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, White Chalk
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Brushed Silver, Cajun Craze
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Brayer, Sponges, Markers

I started with a 1/2 sheet of cardstock, trimming 1/4" off the sides to layer on the card base.

I tore a piece of scratch paper (thinner is better) and used it as a mask to brayer the green hills, using Wild Wasabi ink.  After moving the scratch paper and brayering a few times to create a set of hills, I brayered Pear Pizzazz underneath the Wild Wasabi areas.  

I used the reverse edge of the torn scratch paper (the torn off piece) to mask the top hills, and stamped the evergreen tree from Lovely as a Tree in Always Artichoke...but only the top portion, hence needing the mask.  Using a sponge with Always Artichoke, start adding the color all along each section of the hills.  Don't worry about masking so much.  I tapped but also smudged the ink with the sponge, to blend the colors a bit more.

Using markers in a couple areas of the hills, I randomly sprinkled various colored dots as distant flowers.  Stamped the grass image from In The Meadow in Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi along the bottom green along the first hills.

Brayered the Sky in Soft Sky, using the reverse mask to cover the green hills.  Stamped the sentiment in Lost Lagoon.

For the Golf Club, I used retired Brushed Silver cardstock, cutting a 1 3/4" circle, then trimming the edges for the flat sides of the golf club head. It needed a little something, so using a Smoky Slate Marker I drew the lines, and used a sponge with Smoky Slate to add a bit of shading.

The golf ball, punch a white 1 3/8" Circle.  I use the end of my Stampin' Pierce tool (it has a rounded small tip), and with the circle on a foam pad, dipped the end of the piercing tool in Smoky Slate, pushing into the ball in lines.  It started to get out of alignment so I just did my best.  Turned out pretty good, looking a bit grunge.  Shaded with a sponge and a bit of Smoky Slate.

The golf tee is Cajun Craze, I merely cut the piece by hand.

Thanks for looking!  I hope the directions made a little bit of sense!


No comments:

Post a Comment