Saturday, April 9, 2016

CAS Rainy Thank You

This is my submission for this week's Clean and Simple (CAS) challenge, using a rain or water element on a CAS card.

Can I say I'm addicted to this new Thick White?  We got this nearly a year ago, but I just used it for the first time a week ago, and it's wonderful!

I was just yesterday thinking I needed to use this stamp set, and when this challenge came out it was perfect!


Stamps: Sprinkles of Life, Me = Grateful
Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Pool Party
Paper: Whisper White
Accessories: Tree Builder Punch, Silver Cord, Basic Rhinestones, Clear Wink of Stella, Blender Pen, Dimensionals

Stamped the clouds, one in Smoky Slate on the card base, one in Basic Gray on a scrap, which I punched out.  Used a blender pen with smoky slate for the cloud shading.

Stamped the rain drops in Pool Party, then used a Pool Party Marker to color them in, using Clear Wink of Stella over top for the wet shimmer! (it looks so cool in person!)

Used a marker on the thank you part of the sentiment stamp to stamp, punched out with the cloud.  Used Smoky Slate marker around the edge to make the shape stand out.

Added the silver cord as it needed a little something, and a few rhinestones.

I have a hard time getting white to really show it's true appearance, so I'm playing with the pro features on my phone camera to make the white a bit brighter.  It's not completely true colors but it's a lot closer at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment