Saturday, April 16, 2016

Fab Friday 85 - Golden Vanilla Rose

Hey All!  It's time for another Fab Friday post!  This week's challenge found here: Fab Friday 85

Here is the sketch:


I had some scraps sitting on my desk from a previous creation, I decided to use them as the basis for my creation!  There are no stamps used on this one!


Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Gold Glimmer Paper
Accessories: Deco Labels Framelits, Rose Garden Thinlits, Gold Thread, Star Confetti Punch, Gold Wink of Stella, Hexagon Punch, Dimensionals

I had the golden rose and leaves cut out, which is what I used for the idea of my card.  Adhered the rose and stars onto black, then using the Gold Wink of Stella, colored inside the rose!  It's absolutely gorgeous in person, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a picture that would quite do it justice!  Also hard to get the right colors in the pic.

Made the banner with a 1" strip of cardstock, using the hexagon punch to snip the banner ends.

Looped some gold thread a few times to adhere to the deco label layer.

Over all it's a pretty clean and simple card, with some breathtaking elements!  I cannot get enough of gold right now.  It seems like I am in the minority, but I find it to be so elegant!

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Amy! I love the shimmery flower and the black and gold color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how elegant,I love this! Such pretty layering and I love the sparkle. I'm so glad you could play along with us at Fab Friday. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so shimmery and elegant! I can't wait to try my gold WOS, now! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O h my gosh I bet this is stunning in real life! Sparkle is impossible to photograph isn't it! I love the small sprinkling of stars too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - these colors are just stunning - what a gorgeous use of this die. I'm so glad you played along with this Fab Friday sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete