Saturday, April 9, 2016

Inspired Vintage Owl

Some days I even impress myself in my creations.  Today I was inspired by this adorable owl I had seen at a craft store:


Well, I had to change it slightly as I didn't really have any paper that was close to this, so I picked one I really liked and went with it.

Here is my card:


Stamps: None
Ink: Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral
Paper: Retired Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper (the name escapes me), Whisper White, Pool Party, Soft Suede
Accessories: Oval Framelits, Festive Flower Builder Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Calypso Coral Ruffle Trim, Sponges

I had to sit down and just start piecing.  I started with Oval Framelits, using the largest two regular ovals in the set to cut the body and the belly.  I cut another largest oval and cut the edges off to use as wings.

The feet are 3/4" circle punches, which I sponged with Daffodil Delight and then Calypso Coral, using a marker to draw the toes.  I used snips to trim off a slightly flat edge on the bottom of each foot.

The beak is the smallest (double petal) piece in the Festive Flower Builder punch, trimming off at an angle to create a triangular shape on one end (that will go between the eyes). Sponged again as I did with the feet, using Daffodil Delight then Calypso Coral.  Used a Soft Suede marker to create tiny beak holes.

The Eyes are the 1 3/8" circle punch, the 1" circle punch, and the 1/2" Circle Punch.

The "ears" are using the largest petal in the Festive Flower Builder Punch, cutting two pieces, adhered together at an angle.

I used a sponge to sponge around the edges of all the pieces except the beak and feet, using Soft Suede.

Then glue it all together!  Dimensionals raise it up off the card base.  I used a bit of Calypso Coral trim as a resting place for the owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment