Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Birthday Marlin

I thought I would give my From Land to Sea set a little love today.  I wanted to color this Marlin image. And Swirly Scribbles dies are perfect once again.  Great for ocean style cards!


Stamps: From Land to Sea, Thoughtful Banners
Ink: Basic Gray, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Smoky Slate, Pool Party
Paper: Pool Party, Shimmer White
Accessories: Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies, Metallics Sequins, Aquapainter

Stamped the marlin onto Shimmer White cardstock using Basic Gray ink.  I used mainly markers, drawing directly overtop stamp lines to get the shading.  I used the aquapainter to go overtop the lines, blending some of the colors.  Pacific Point is the lighter blue shading, I used Night of Navy along the darker areas.  So Saffron is the yellowish strip down the center, and I used smoky slate ink with the aquabrush to add just a bit of shading along the underside.  I cut the fish out by hand, then used a Pool Party marker around the white edges of the fish.  This way you have a little more paper to work with when cutting out, and you can match the cardbase color so as to diminish the cut out line visibility.

Just a couple cut out scribbles for the water lines adhered to the cardbase, stamping the sentiment between them.  Adhered the marlin, as well as some clear sequins for bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment