Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sitting Here with No Words

My dear friend lost her best friend...her beloved kitty.  This card is for her.  I even colored the cat to match her "Mau-Mau".  I decided it was time for another couch made with the Decorative Label punch.  By far my most used and versatile punch!


Stamps: Sitting Here, Rose Wonder
Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, Peekaboo Peach, Tip Top Taupe, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Decorative Label Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder, Raven Black Lace Trim, Glue Dots, Dimensionals.

I first stamped all three pillows and the cat in black ink.  Using markers I colored in the images. A little time consuming especially for the rectangular and square pillows.

I used pictures of my friend's cat to color this sweet cat to look similar.  The new Peekaboo peach is a surprisingly good match for a calico coloring.  What I didn't include in the "ingredients" is that I cut out a teeny tiny circle of blushing bride paper (1/16" circle punch) to adhere on the nose, then had to use a black marker to draw around the nose shape.  Her cat had an adorably pink nose, I had to make it so. Fussy cut around all the small stamped images.

The couch is made pretty easily using pieces punched with the Decorative Label punch.  A partial piece longways for the back of the couch (which is mostly hidden), a rectangular piece with the decorative label punched into it for the base and feet, and a small corner of the label punched for each arm. A strip of black for the couch cushion. Then it looked a little clunky so I used a Basic Black marker to color trim and edging.  Glued the pillows along the back of the couch, used dimensionals to adhere the cat to the front of the couch.

Stamped the sentiment which was perfect in my opinion, cutting again with decorative label.  Tied the black raven lace trim underneath the stamped sentiment, adhered the label behind the couch.

Once it was glued the other side of my card was empty so I made a lamp using the 1" circle punch, trimmed with the black lace.

Adhered the embossed background and the floor, then the couch resting on it.

I hope the card is something that makes her smile and makes her think of her dear one who crossed the rainbow bridge today.  HUGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment