Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tempting Bohemian Ikat Whisper of Tangelo

This card was created for another color challenge, and somehow the Bohemian suite seemed to be perfect with these colors.


Stamps; Bohemian Borders, Crazy about You
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Tangelo Twist
Paper: Tangelo Twist, Tempting Turquoise(regular Cardstock and Coredinations CS), Whisper White
Accessories: Metallic (Gold) Washi Tape, Washi Label Punch, Boho Chic Embossing Folder, Gold Wink of Stella

The challenge was to use: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, and Tangelo Twist.  As an added bonus, use Metallic.

Well, the ikat stamp in the Bohemian Borders makes really fun patterns, so I alternated with the Turquoise and Tangelo, coloring the center of each ikat diamond with gold Wink of Stella.  Cut around the stamped piece, raised with dimensionals over top layered gold washi tape. The base turquoise layer is embossed onto the Core'dinations paper, sanded to let the middle layer show through the design.  Love all the bright colors together!  I tried to keep my sentiment simple and understated to let the pattern shine through!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your geometric figures. I need to get beyond chevron, hexagons, and squares. I do not know about makes a Bohemian appearance. But the embossing later and triangle definitely create an old world mystique. Great card!

    I have not done a card for CC576 yet. This might give me the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete