Sunday, March 27, 2016

Water Lily Bamboo

This card used a beautiful technique created by Lyssa Zwolanek that you can find here on her blog: Lyssa's Bamboo Background Technique

It took a few practice rounds, but wow what a technique this Bamboo Background is!

I created a water lily to go with it, which turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. ;-)


Stamps: Remarkable You, Everything Eleanor
Ink: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Brick Wall Embossing Folder, Aqua Brush, Metallic Sequins, Gold Thread, Dimensionals, Sponges

I will let you follow the above link for the instructions from Lyssa on how to create the awesome Bamboo Background.

For the flower, I stamped the blossom in Calypso Coral onto Very Vanilla.  Using the aquabrush, I colored in the petals using Crushed Curry, then highlighted the petals most of the way with Calypso Coral, then highlighted the edges with Watermelon Wonder.  It's actually much darker IRL.  I used an Early Espresso Color to color the flower stamen.  Then I cut it out to adhere with dimensionals to the card front.

Stamped the swirl onto the background with Mossy Meadow.  I used a Mossy Meadow marker to fill in the gaps from the areas where the cardstock was impressed so to have a solid swirl image.

Looped a few loops of gold thread and adhered to the back of the flower before adhering to card.  Added a few gold sequins for extra bling.

I was going to add a sentiment, but I decided to leave it just as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment